Thursday, January 5, 2012

Julep Trina


Waiting for a package to be delivered seems like it takes forever, that package being nail polish seems to take an eternity. Perhaps, I’m dramatic but I could not get Julep’s Maven It-Girl package in my hands fast enough.

The only color I have tested is Trina. The color is a eggplant purple that has hints of dark red shimmer in it. The shimmer was hard to capture in a photo, but I’ll try to get a better one up of it once I go out for the day.



Julep’s Trina reminds me of their version of OPI’s Lincoln Park After Dark but with a barely noticeable hint of shimmer. If you’re a fan of OPI’s LPAD, Trina would be a great addition to your collection.

The bottle suggests two coats of Trina, but two coats make it completely opaque and a little darker. One coat would do fine with a nice top coat.

For the top coat, I used Julep’s Fast Drying Topcoat. I think I put it on wrong, but it took a little over ten minutes to dry. (Though, Ashley said hers took 2 minutes). Julep responded quickly on twitter: making sure I shook the nail polish before applying and suggesting running nails under cold water for twenty minutes. Instead, I waited a while and after an hour, they were completely dry. (I will try the cold water trick and the ice cubes in a bowl one day!)

I’m sad that my Holiday glitters have been retired for now, but Julep’s Trina has made me fall back in love with dark nail polish.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about waiting for packages, I've also been waiting for my Julep Maven box! Nail mail is so fun though haha. I'm not usually into dark colors but Julep's Trina is just gorgeous! What other colors did you get?

    ReplyDelete